Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Worry worry worry

Checked my gas and electric account this morning after I submitted new meter readings. Got a bit of a shock, excuse the pun. It`s difficult to tell how it`ll pan out until the end of the year. But it looks like we`re using more than we`re paying for.

I`m sure there`s ways to cut down. We have a lot of computer stuff running, some of it 24/7. Gonna find a way to cut back on the things that don`t need to be left on permanently and see if it makes a difference.

I`m just a worryhead really. I guess it`s better than not caring and letting everything just muddle along. My girlfriend only works one day a week so I panic sometimes that not enough money is coming into the house no matter how many times I stare at my financies in excel.

I worry about my job. A lot of similar companies are putting their workers on shortime. Something we`ve never had to, but I just worry cos I know we`ll be screwed if it came to that.

I worry about our new car. Even tho if we`d stayed as we were with seperate cars we`d be paying out a lot more than we are doing now.

I worry about our house, cos i`m not diy minded in the slightest! And i`m such a lazy sod and would prefer to just sit at my computer and take a break from the real world.

I worry about my girlfriend. She has had to make so many changes in her life to be with me.

Anyway, i`m going to relax in the bath and read my pc format and look at all the things i`d love to have but can`t afford.