Sunday, April 02, 2006

I don`t like Sundays

What a day!

It`s been up and it`s been down. Then it was up again.

Feeling quite dizzy from it all.

It was bathroom day. Yes, we`re still doing that! Just a bit more decorating then it`s done. But anyway. We got a shiny new pull switch `cos Zara wanted and shiny new one. So being the careful soul I am. And not wanting to electrocute myself; I turned the power off and got busy taking the old one down.

After a lot of swearing, grunting and sweating, no we hadn`t stopped to have sex!, the shiny new light switch was fitted. Electricity was switched on. Things switched on in a cocophany of pings, clicks, whirrs and beeps. All except my poor scanner. And. More importantly. My wireless access point.

After more swearing, grunting and sweating. I came to the conclusion that the access point was dead.

Passed on!
no more!
ceased to be!
expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
Bereft of life,
rests in peace!
kicked the bucket
shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

It is an ex access point!

Ok, so twisting a few Monty Python lines was a little extreme. But you get my point.

I was stressed. I was past the point of stressed. So how was I to deal with this hightened level of stressfulness?

DIY.

Yeah, that would help.

But funnily enough it did. So we spent the rest of the afternoon, and half the night sticking up polystyrene tiles on the ceiling.

It`s not the best ceiling tiling ever done. But it`s ours.

Afterwards food was eaten, tv was watched and I relaxed in a nice hot bath and gazed at out wonderful ceiling. Had to do something. Couldn`t get on the damn internet from my laptop!

And then. I hit ebay.

A Belkin access point the same as my expired one was on ebay. I`d been watching it all day. And with less than a minute to go I stuck a high bid in and won it for £16.00!

Yay me.

So now i`m happy again. Or at least I will be when it turns up.

I think Zara was going to move out until I had my laptop sorted. I don`t know what she means by that.

I usually take these setbacks quite calmly ;)