Friday, June 30, 2006

Weeeekend!

Yes. After what has felt like the longest, mind numbing week. The weekend has arrived. The countdown to Sunday starts now.

Until then you'll all be bored shitless with my constant ramblings about MotoGP. What with todays free practice on video to watch and Big Brother; tonights televisual entertainment is pretty much sewn up.

So, again, for Zara's benefit. Well, she reads this everyday. And it`s easier than trying to remember to show her stuff. Here is Nicky Haydens press conference from yesterday.



Damn, you gotta love YouTube.com

The typical drama that is the place I call work is behind me now until Monday. Another fellow worker who by some miracle isn't related in some way to the boss has finally come to his senses and decided to look for another job. Which will leave just the 3 of us that aren't in the samek family.

I can't be bothered to even get worked up about it anymore. I just chalk it up to the fact that nothing the human race ever does really surprises me.

But as the present moment nothing matters anyway. Woo...Donington baby...woo...MotoGP...woo.

Ok, i`m a little excited. Been a few years since I've been there. Although the last time I went was with my brother. So i`m prepared to feel a little...strange. But am trying not to dwell on it.

I actually wanted to scatter my brothers ashes on the race track. But my parents weren't so keen. Which i'm still slightly pissed off about. As it would feel more like i'm meeting up with him on Sunday.

No, don't get sad. I'm going to stay happy about this. I'll probably see parts of the course where we stood and watched the superbikes in '99.

And smile.