Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Monday, October 30, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Today has been good.
Actually today has been fucking excellent.
It all started well by me n Zara beating each other.
Er, at Mario Kart DS and Tetris that is.
If I see another cool video showing off the Wii i'm gonna explode. Either that or Zara will really beat me!
So how was today also a good day.
Nicky Hayden only won the 2006 MotoGP championship. Woo
And woo again.
Also another reason for Zara to do me in as i've been like a kiddy in a candy/DS store.
Best. Race. Ever. Although I didn't actually watch much of the race. Instead I was glued to my laptop with the timing screen on.
Ok, I imagine none of you reading this has the faintest idea what i'm babbling on about.
But damnit. It's my blog , so I'll woo as much as I want.
Ok, i'm done now.
Not the most exciting news to many, not the most interesting thing I've got to say about my whole weekend. But it'll do for now.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
A bit late to the party. But thought i'd give this a go. Thanks to RhoRho
1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
--Umm, i'll edit this later. Not near a book right now.
2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can.
--I can reach the wall.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
4.Without looking, guess what time it is?
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
--The sound of water
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
--Just before 6pm, to take our cat to the vets.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
9. What are you wearing?
10. Did you dream last night?
--no idea, very rarely remember.
11. When did you last laugh?
--About 30 mins ago
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
--General bathroom type stuff
13. Seen anything weird lately?
--Well I am naked right now....
14. What do you think of this quiz?
15. What is the last film you saw?
--Umm, about 15 mins of The Departed.
16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
17. Tell me something about you that I dunno.
--God, Where do I start!
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
--I would change the human race
19. Do you like to dance?
--Depends on how drunk I am
20. George Bush
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
--Umm, dunno. Only good with pet names. Any child I have will hate me.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
24.What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
25. 4 people who must also do this meme in their journal.
--i'm not that cruel, do it if you want.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Yes. Blame the little white box on the lack of posts the last few days.
I'm an addict. Pure and simple.
It'll only get worse mark my words. As soon as it comes out we're treating ourselves to a Wii for christmas.
Although I suppose I could just then blog on my Wii. Got my DS working with my wireless connection so me and Zara are having great fun losing to people all around the world at Mario Kart and Tetris.
So now here I sit getting slightly chilly in the bath.
Damn you small inferior hot water tank.
It's starting to get way too cold here now. And winter has yet to arrive.
The winter wollies will be out soon.
On a happier note. My blog has made it onto 25peeps.com, yay.
Fame and fortune can not be far away now.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Saturday, October 21, 2006
I fucking hate this time of year
All the little retards are wetting themselves over the fact they can let off fireworks whenever and wherever they want.
Even in the middle of the day.
Which I guess goes some way to show their mental ability.
I blogged about this last year. And I guess it's something that will piss me off every year, so here it is again
Why the hell shops are allowed to sell fireworks to anybody other than organizations is beyond me.
Other than the fact the government would miss out on the extra revenue I guess.
Our cat freaks out everytime one goes off.
Fireworks, bonfires. I could really live without this 'tradition' which has very little meaning left behind why we celebrate the 5th November.
It happened over 400 years ago people. Time to move on.
Guy Fawkes must be turning in his grave!
Friday, October 20, 2006
Today is the official Slap Your Irritating Co-workers Holiday
Do you have a co-worker who talks nonstop about nothing, working your last nerve with tedious and boring details that you don't give a damn about?
Do you have a co-worker who ALWAYS screws up stuff creating MORE work for you?
Do you have a co-worker who kisses so much booty, you can look in their mouth and see what your boss had for lunch? Do you have a co-worker who is SOOO obnoxious,when he/she enters a room, everyone else clears it?
Well, on behalf of IkeTurner, I am so very very glad to officially announce today as SLAP YOUR IRRITATING CO-WORKER DAY! There are the rules you must follow:
* You can only slap one person per hour - no more.
* You can slap the same person again if they irritate you again in the same day.
* You are allowed to hold someone down as other co-workers take their turns slapping the irritant.
* No weapons are allowed...other than going upside somebody's head with a stapler or a hole-puncher.
* CURSING IS MANDATORY! After you have slapped the recipient, your"assault" must be followed with something like "cause I'm sick of your stupid-a$$ always messing up stuff!"
* If questioned by a supervisor or police, (if the supervisor is the irritant), you are allowed to LIE, LIE, LIE! Now, study the rules, break out your list of folks that you want to slap the living day lights out of and get to slapping.....
...and believe me. I was so tempted!
Monday, October 16, 2006
I'm feeling lazy.
So I blatantly stole this from Gemmak.
Which is fine as she stole it too.
1. A Cuddler? Yes
2. A morning person? Yes, Damnit!
3. Are you a perfectionist? Kinda
4. An only child? I am now :(
5. Catholic: NO!
6. In your pajamas? Do I look like i'm 5?
7. Currently suffering from a broken heart? Nope
8. Okay styling other people's hair? Define style
9. Left handed? No
10. Addicted to MySpace? Not so much
11. Shy around the opposite gender? No.
12. Loud? No
12. Bite your nails? No
13. Get paranoid at times? At times
14. Currently regret something that you have said/done? No
15. Curse frequently when you get mad? Constantly
16. Enjoy country music? No
17. Enjoy jazz music? No
18. Enjoy smoothies? No
19. Enjoy talking on the phone? Sometimes
20. Have a lot to learn? And then some!
21. Have a pet? A few :)
22. Have a tendency to fall for the "wrong" person? Has been known
23. Have all your grandparents died? No
24. Have at least one sibling? -
25. Have been told that you are smart? Yes, believe it or not!
26. Have had a broken bone? Yes
27. Have Caller I.D. on your phone? No
28. Changed a diaper? Urgh, yes
29. Changed a lot over the past year? Yes
30. Had friends who have never seen your natural hair color? Yes
31. Had surgery? No
32. Killed anyone? Not yet!
33. Had your haircut within the last week? Noooo
LAST PERSON WHO:
1. Slept in the bed beside you? My girlfriend, Zara
2. Saw you cry? Zara
3. Went to the movies with you? Umm, Zara
4. You went to the mall with? As Above
5. You went to dinner with? Zara and my mum..
6. You talked to on the phone? Workmate
7. Said 'I love you' to you and meant it? again, Zara
8. Broke your heart? Nicole
9. Made you laugh? Zara
WOULD YOU RATHER?
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? Nose already pierced so i'll go with tongue
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny
3. Drink whole or skim milk? Skim
4. Die in a fire or drown? Drown
5. Spend time with your parents or enemies? Parents
1. What time is it? 18:57
2 Name? Patrick
3. Nickname(s)? Paddy
4. Where were you born? Germany
5. What is your birthdate? April '70
6 What do you want? More Nintendo DS games!
7. Where do you want to live? Somewhere warm, but not hot
8. How many kids do you want? None
Friday, October 13, 2006
A heart of gold stopped beating
two shining eyes at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove,
He only takes the best.
God knows you had to leave us,
but you did not go alone-
for part of us went with you,
the day He took you home.
To some you are forgotten,
to others just part of the past,
but to those of us who loved and lost you,
the memory will always last.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wow, where has this week gone!
Can't believe it's Thursday all ready. My nice relaxing week is nearly over.
Then back to the cruddy, boring normality of work.
Haven't posted all week, which I know will not please some people. And this one is going to be a bit short as i'm pretty tired.
Had a great day today. Me n Zara went flying with my dad.
Video was taken, photo's were shot.
I'll try n post a couple of the good ones.
Had a go at the controls, and managed to keep us in the blue bit and avoid hitting the green bit.
Hence my ability to post here.
Tomorrow should be fun as I have to try and control Zara and my mum in a HobbyCraft center.
I think flying the plane will turn out to be easier.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Yes, I`m 10 years old.
Last month, on the 7th September 1996 I made my first ever impression on the internet. On a pet newsgroup.
And then again on the 8th in the same thread as I buggered up my first post.
I have gotten slightly better since then. Can`t believe it`s been 10 years. Slightly over maybe as my first foray into the online world was through Compuserve on my dad`s blisteringly quick 486.
Then I managed to talk my (then) wife into getting connected with a 14,400 modem. On my Amiga. Good times.
A lot has changed in the last 10 years. More than I thought possible. I'm gonna have to dig out some old photos from 10 years ago.
See if i`ve changed as well.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
I think i'm coming down with something.
All the signs are there. The signs Zara had before she got ill. And has now passed on said contagion to me.
Hopefully it won't come to anything. I haven't been ill in a long time. I was always catching colds as a kid. But as i've got older (but not necessarily grown up) i've become a bit hardier to the little beasties that try and infect me.
I'm on holiday for the next week, I can't decide if getting ill is good timing or bad.
Again, hopefully it won't come to anything.
So i'm going to have as relaxing a week as possible. Until Friday anyway. Which probably doesn't mean a lot to people who don't read this often. Or don't know me.
You'll find out if things get too much and a sudden rush of emotion comes out via the keyboard (read back to this time last year if you really want to know).
I'm doing a little better this year for some reason. Up 'til now. Not so many downs. But i'm trying not to let things prey on my mind.
A nintendo DS is wonderful for occupying your mind!
My brother would have loved it :(
Damn, there I go. First crack in the armour.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
I've bottled it up long enough. Well, actually I haven't 'cos I tend to rant to Zara about him...but anyway, today was extra special.
There's this guy.
Wow, now that sounds gay! Ok, there's this workmate. He's only been working for us about a month. But been working in the industry about 7 years. But, well, how can I put this.
Ashtray on a motorbike
Fart in a paperbag
All the above are more useful than this guy.
I try to talk to him as little as possible. But in a place with only half a dozen people in it; that makes it kinda difficult.
Him: So do you like listening to Christina Aquawhatsherface (ok, I made thayt last name up, but you know who I mean)
Me: Not really, she's damn sexy tho.
Him: Yeah, what about Bouncy (Beyonce, or whatever her name is)
Me: Umm, no.
Him: Where's the chair? (there's a chair out in the factory for us to use, but I nicked it and put it in my work room)
Me: In my room (which you should already know as you saw me sitting on it before tea break)
Him, Oh, what's it in there for.
Me: What the hell do you think it's in there for...decoration!
Me: *leaps over workbench to batter muppet senseless*
Ok, maybe the last two bits didn't happen...but it was close.
Now, I guess he was probably just trying to make conversation. But i'm not the chitty chatty kind of person. But he doesn't seem to take the hint.
And...he doesn't really seem to take in my, um, natural surroundings.
I have long hair
I have piercings and tattoos
I generally wear linkin park, Limp Bizkit t-shirts
I wear a Deftones hooded top
Do I look like the kind of person to listen to Be-bloody-once. Or be interested in the fact you went to see Kylie last year.
I must sound like a right twat talking about him like this. But if you had to work with him 8 hours a day you'd understand. I think most workplaces have at least one person they could do without.
Maybe i've been that person!
Meh, such is life. Ok, i'm done.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Monday, October 02, 2006
Well as usual i've left my posting until as late as possible and now I'm being...umm, what's the word. 'Asked' if i'm getting out the bath soon.
Someone is wanting to get tea started methinks.
Anyhoo..my Monday has been a bit...umm. That's the best way to describe it really. Umm.
Nothing really happened. Nothing wound me up. Nothing pissed me off. I guess nobody was awake enough this Monday to cause me grief. I'll have to watch the news later to see if anything happened.
Maybe the rest of the world had an umm day. I'll switch on the tv and find the news reporter sleeping at their desk.
Ok. Now, this isn't a complaint, or a moan or a gripe about the lack of comments I get. I'm rising above all that...for now anyway.
But Zara did 'mention' that she was unable to post a comment today. Anybody else having problems? Anyone know how to get haloscan working in blogger beta?
Email/skype or send me and odeo message of you have anything to say..those buttons are there on the right for a purpose people...use em!
Well on that happy note I shall depart dear reader.
Todays High: 29 on Brain Age, woo.
Todays Low: Bluetooth not working on my laptop, damnit.