Saturday, February 24, 2007

The laptop is dead.

Long live the laptop.

It was the best of times it was the worst of times. I loved my clunky, noisy, slow ugly beast of a laptop. But on Monday 19 February 2007 at 7:35am all was silent.

A quick trip to the Dell website..and..

As of Friday 23 February 2007 at 4:45pm the world was a happy place again, and Zara could breath a sigh of relief that my days of going cold turkey were over.

So now, sat quietly and gently warming my legs is a sleak, shiny, quiet, fast Dell Inspiron. With a (unusually for me) legal copy of Windows all singing all dancing Vista. And so far i'm more than bloody happy with it.

And it's got a cool chess game too.

So does this mean i'll be blogging more?

I doubt it. But when I do be happy in the knowledge that these words have been written quickly, smoothly and quietly.

Well they will be as soon as I get used to this new keyboard.